How to Remove an Impersonator Account on YouTube?
To begin eliminating your impersonators, simply follow these steps:
- First, log in to the real account you want to protect on YouTube.
- Go to the impersonator's channel and click on the three dots (also called the "kebab" menu) on the channel header.
- Select "Report" from the drop-down menu.
- Choose "Infringes my rights" and then "Impersonation."
- Fill out the report form with information about the impersonation and submit it.
- Wait for a response from YouTube's support team. They will review the report and take appropriate action, including removing the impersonating channel.
- Remember that the impersonator may try to create a new account, so consider securing your account by enabling two-factor authentication, using a strong password, and regularly checking for any suspicious activity.
Note: These steps are subject to change and may vary based on YouTube's policies and procedures, which may be updated occasionally.
If you still have problems, you can contact YouTube support or consider reaching out to Smip to help you manage the removal process of your impersonators.